Vice President, Emergency Services
The Vice President, Emergency Medicine Operations will work in a matrix structure establishing a vision and a road map for creating system wide clinical effectiveness, competencies, capacity management, facility design and management of projects, capturing out migration and synergies within Emergency Medicine. The Vice President will collaborate with, and be supported by, a strong peer group including each hospital’s Chief Nursing Officer, Chief and Associate Chief for the Emergency Department, the Emergency Department Patient Care Directors, and Clinical Informatics. The Vice President will also work closely and collaboratively with the Business Manager and the Chairman and Vice President of Network Emergency Services, a highly experienced and dynamic physician executive who is strongly committed to continuous performance improvement in all areas of emergency department operations.
The Vice President, Emergency Medicine Operations is an important member of the enterprise emergency team and the core emergency services leadership team. As such, this individual will participate in system leadership activities, including strategic planning, budgeting, policy development, and priority setting for the System. He/she will carry out the mission and vision of Steward Health Care and established values of business conduct with respect to employee relations. The Vice President assumes responsibility for the effective execution, development, and evaluation of the services of his/her areas in accordance with the overall organizational mission of seeking out the best people and providing the best patient experience. The Vice President will have system wide responsibility for clinical integration.
This position can be located at any of our facilities in Texas, Arizona, or Utah.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs patient care and non-patient care functions within the Emergency Departments.
- Develops short- and long-term goals and objectives in consultation with administration and consistent with Hospital philosophy.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; assures Department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Participates in a QI program which consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Participates in possible additional hospital acquisition and system growth.
- Identifies new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Provides consultation, counsel, and guidance to key personnel (i.e., Managers and Supervisors) facilitates the development of their problem-solving skills, and encourages participation in developing department objectives, policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Investigates new program or service opportunities and prepares business plans for same; implements new programs that contribute to the Hospital’s margin.
- Monitors budget expenditures as reflected in accurate, objective variance analysis.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization, and industry information to staff.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Serves as Steward Health Care’s emergency nursing leader in communicating the health system’s service to patients in clinical partnership with physicians by providing world-class nursing care throughout the health system.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team, inter- and intra- departmentally, to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Fosters a service which is consistent with the patient care beliefs and Shared Governance philosophy of the Hospital.
- Actively participates in service, departmental, and system-wide committees as assigned.
- Interprets/represents the practice and role of the Nursing Department to allied health professionals and physicians effectively.
- Establish a foundation for trust and credibility with the leaders of Steward Health Care institution’s management, physicians/colleagues, and staff.
- Develop positive, effective working relationships with nursing staff, physicians, and support staff within each Emergency Department in order to create an interdisciplinary, collaborative clinical environment throughout the System.
- Work and support to advance key system hospital initiatives including Customer Service Excellence, Shared Governance, and patient flow.
- Assess and improve operational efficiency and effectiveness to support continuing performance improvement within each Emergency Department.
- Provide nursing leadership in the successful implementation of electronic medical record within each Emergency Department.
- Provide nursing leadership in facilities planning activities relative to each Emergency Department.
- Continues to exhibit the ability to build productive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an appropriate understanding of and enthusiasm for the mission of Steward and the supportive and participatory role of nursing excellence.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- The ideal candidate will be a highly visible, collaborative nursing leader who can work in a matrix, large, and complex emergency enterprise.
- Recognition in the field of nursing as evidenced by involvement in professional associations at a state, regional and national level.
- Fosters and supports change and innovation, with an ability to delegate yet maintain overall control and to set high standards.
- Progressive administrative experience, preferably at the VP level within an integrated healthcare environment.
- Ability to be effective in a large and complex matrix organization and to motivate cross-departmental team performance.
- Able to problem solve and implement strategy in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Politically savvy and diplomatic.
- A “can do” attitude.
- Professional and credible.
- Self-confident and positive.
- Detail-oriented; concise and on point.
- Able to work independently.
- An effective negotiator, influence without authority.
- Education: An R.N., preferably with an advanced degree in nursing (i.e., M.S.N. or Ph.D) or in management (i.e., M.B.A. or M.H.A.)
- Experience (Type & Length): 5-10 years’ experience in a senior clinical leader position with a strong foundation in quality and emergency services
- Certification/Licensure: Registered Nurse
- Software/Hardware: Meditech; MS Office Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11499