Providing professional clinical assistance to patients within the Vascular practice in support of the physicians.
- Working directly with the physicians, as the liaison between the patient and the physicians for establishing and maintaining quality patient care. Utilizes clinical teamwork to oversee the interdisciplinary plan of care: assesses the patient and family as appropriate, plans and implements clinical care and facilitates its delivery to patients and family members, evaluates the process and outcome of clinical services in the practice and makes suggestions for improvement.
- The LPN is responsible for triaging all clinical phone calls to the main office and coordination of follow-up with the medical doctors and nurse practitioners.
- Responsible for timely, efficient and accurate triage response and documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Entering prescription requests into the electronic medical record for provider approval
- Making follow-up phone calls to patients/ family members to provide test results (labs/ radiology, etc.)
- May also be responsible for coordination of care – scheduling follow-up tests and appointments with specialists
- Prior authorizations
- Maintaining office supplies and restocking
- Assisting physician with the completion of forms
- Assembles all necessary supplies and equipment for outpatient clinic.
- Monitors and records treatment parameters such as vital signs, weight, height, O2 saturation, etc.
- Clearly documents on a consistent basis to provide continuity of patient care and communicates observations to the supervising MD/NP
- Trained and currently certified in basic CPR
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited License Practical Nursing Program required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Current PA LPN license required.
- Previous experience preferred.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.