Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with an organization that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates seeks an enthusiastic, professional Ultrasound Technologist
The successful candidate will:
- Operate ultrasound imaging equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information; ensuring the patient is properly prepared; obtaining relevant patient history and assuring proper positioning. Selects proper imaging techniques and follows department protocols in order to provide a complete study for the exam requested. Provides complete documentation of the exam and provides the Radiologist with an initial interpretation
- Correlates medical history with test required and decides the correct performance of examination
- Explains the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs. Follows HIPPA standards to maintain patient privacy and disclosure of protected patient information.
- Completes documentation for each patient exam, including but not limited to CPT codes and checking all Physician order sheets prior to the patient exam in paper and/or electronic patient medical records.
- Remain current on developments and trends in imagine techniques, procedures, and equipment by reading manuals and technical journals. Participates in educational programs, maintain CEU’s that meet State and National guidelines
- High school diploma plus graduation from post-secondary education or certificate program, Associates or Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Sonography
- 5 years of Ultrasound experience preferred
- Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Demonstrates competency in all RIS applications.
- Documented training and experience in Ultrasonography.
- Current BLS certification.
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient South coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 116394