Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Performs Ultrasound procedures under the direction to the Ultrasound Supervisor and the Radiologist that follow ultrasound standards in a safe, accurate and timely manner which are necessary to allow the radiologist and/or physician to make an ultrasound diagnosis.
- Operates ultrasonic equipment and performs diagnostic procedures such as abdominal, pelvic, vascular, and intervention sonograms which require the application of ultrasonic technology.
- Maintains pertinent records and statistical data.
- Reviews patient history and other supporting clinical data to facilitate optimum diagnostic results.
- Explains procedures to patients to assure cooperation and optimum test results; positions patient.
- Assists physician in such procedures as needle biopsies, renal biopsies, etc.; scans patient, marls patient's body, determines angle for puncture while maintaining sterile technique.
- Coordinates patient scheduling function with defined parameters.
- Coordinates, where applicable, diagnostic instrumentation and personnel within sub-specialty area.
- Plans, implements and maintains an appropriate quality assurance performance testing program for diagnostic equipment.
- Independently performs or guides the testing procedures done by others and evaluates test results.
- Recommends appropriate maintenance and servicing of instrumentation as determined by image quality and/or performance testing results.
- Notifies manager of abnormal variances and initiates service call.
- Operates Ultrasound equipment as required to obtain diagnostic exams according to Radiologist specifications; will assist the Radiologist in wide range of sterile procedures.
- Responsible for the care and treatment of all age ranges of patients, which may use Imaging and Diagnostic Services, to include pediatric, adolescent and geriatric.
- Works independently. Performs a variety of procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative.
- Assumes responsibility for designated areas and/or procedures as required.
- Maintains and monitors department supplies.
- Continuously strives to develop/improve relationships with all customers.
- Actively participates in department quality improvement/assurance
Satisfactory completion of a formal ultrasound program that meets standards of approval for eligibility of registry by ARDMS Registration is required with 1 year of employment.
Minimum 1-2 years’ experience. Must be a graduate of Allied health training program recognized by the ARDMS. Knowledge of anatomy, cross-sectional anatomy, physiology, medical terminology. Knowledge of the principles of ultrasound physics and instrumentation. Knowledge of ultrasound imaging and equipment. Knowledge of universal precautions.
Effective interpersonal and communication skills. Basic computer knowledge.
BLS certification either upon hire or within a 90-day period is required. ARDMS registered or registry eligible with completion within one year of hire date. Registry area should be appropriate to the scope of practice.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 49888