Telephone Switchboard Operator
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Full Time Telephone Switchboard Operator to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to answering incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls and taking messages.
The successful candidate will:
- Answer high volume of calls, receiving and directing calls to the appropriate office practices within the facility.
- Determine the patient and caller needs and priority from the calls.
- Maintain records/logs of calls for service and telephone messages.
- Uses oral, written, and telephone communication techniques.
- Provides prompt and professional service to all patient, provider and staff inquiries.
- Proactively works with patient callers and staff to ensure calls are routed correctly.
- Remains flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations as they become necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bilingual Portuguese and/or Spanish a plus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to multitask.
- Ability to take and transmit clear and complete directions and information.
- Possess Professional and courteous behavior when interacting with patients and staff. Present a positive attitude and a professional appearance.
- Customer Service skills required.
- Understand all patient privacy issues and informatics as mandated by HIPPA.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional, support staff, and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130932