Technical Writer - PLM
A rare opportunity to join a new development division within Information Systems at Steward Health Care. We employ a suite of analysts and developers who are creating advanced web-based, data driven application, and we are currently seeking a professional Technical Writer to join this expanding team. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with our development staff to ensure accuracy of product descriptions. If you have previous experience as a Technical Writer and in the health care industry, we encourage you to submit an application.
* Plan, develop, organize, write and edit end user online help, Functional specifications and application manuals
* Research, develop and document technical design specifications.
* Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
* Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
* Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
* Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
* Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Proven experience working in a technical writing position
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency in MS Office
* Strong attention to detail
* Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
* Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
* Bachelor's degree (or 4+ years equivalent work experience) preferred.
* 3+ years' experience in software technical writing preferred
* Keen attention to Detail
* Experience working in team oriented and collaborative environment
* Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
* Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
* Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site meetings with Business leaders
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 51933