Technical Accounting Senior Accountant
Under direction of the Technical Accounting Manager, the Technical Accounting Senior Accountant is the lead contributor to the month end close process for three large divisions. This person will assist with the Company’s M&A purchase accounting, policy development, ASC 842 adoption, software integrations, and process improvement initiatives that will contribute to the continued growth of SMG. Cross-functionalizing with various teams and willingness to balance multiple ongoing projects will be integral in the day-to-day responsibilities for carrying out these responsibilities.
- Lead the monthly close process within specified deadlines, which includes journal entries, expense level processing, and account level and financial statement analysis. Focus areas include:
- Hospital-based providers
- Subsidiary divisions
- Research technical guidance to provide to other areas in the business when needed to ensure all accounting complies with US GAAP.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives to enhance existing financial analysis, close, and reporting tools
- Complete purchase accounting for all Physician-level acquisitions
- Identify any changes in US GAAP that must be considered for budget purposes and assist in communication and education of FP&A and other stakeholders
- Prepare budget to actual variance analyses and drive timely issue resolution
- Significant contributor to the implementation of ASC 842, Leases
- Assist in serving as the accounting liaison for all new and existing projects, inclusive of our upcoming ERP integration
- Assist the Technical Accounting Manager with the preparation of interim and year-end audit work papers
- Maintain sensitivity in communicating effectively and respectfully with all members of SMG, the Hospitals, and Corp
- Maintains the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in a financial/accounting environment.
- Prior experience in health care is helpful but certainly not required.
- Public accounting or consulting experience strongly preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, especially word, excel, PowerPoint, etc
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.