Tax Paraprofessional - Tax
Associate's degree is preferred.
The Tax Paraprofessional provides support for the tax department in the areas of administration, scheduling, file & database management, and other frequent special projects.
* Maintain a filing system for a large volume of tax returns, other government filings and related workpapers. This filing system will be mostly an electronic paperless system that will be accessed by all members of the tax department.
* Maintain a calendar of return filing deadlines and the status of work in progress. Prepare periodic reports for department work planning to ensure deadlines are not missed.
* Manage check requests and coordinate with accounts payable to ensure payments are ready when they are due.
* Coordinate mailing of returns and payments.
* Assist with travel scheduling, expense reports, and scheduling meetings within the System and with outside consultants.
* Prepare spreadsheets and presentations.
* Other projects as needed.
SKILL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* General computer proficiency and advanced spreadsheet proficiency required.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask are required.
* Experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm is helpful, but not required.
EDUCATION OR SPECIFIC TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or equivalent education required. Associate or Bachelor degree in accounting or technology field preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 50188