System Director, Clinical Value Analysis
The Director, Clinical Value Analysis is in charge of the System wide value analysis process and program and ensures the Value Analysis Program achieves its objectives. This position is responsible for managing the Value Analysis staff and resources that support the program and initiatives across the healthcare system to drive standardization, efficiency and effectiveness. This person works with physicians, facility nurses and OR staff, and supply chain staff across the organization to facilitate the evaluation, selection, and implementation process for clinical supplies, services, and equipment. The Director provides leadership, coordination, and communication about the value analysis process, system initiatives, and drives system integration. The Director serves as an advisor to hospital department Senior Leaders, Supply Chain/ Materials Management staff, and departmental directors. This new role will be a key contributor to Steward’s efforts and mission to provide affordable, value-oriented community-based healthcare.
1. Works closely with leadership to develop and implement strategies to improve utilization and cost through
value analysis process
2. Leads the development and consistent implementation of a structured and highly effective value analysis
3. Regularly visits the hospitals to facilitate and coordinate product discussion and conversions.
4. Employs process improvement expertise and tools to identify means to reduce waste in product usage across departments
5. Coordinates work with Supply Chain Operations and Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing team members to ensure the success of Supply Chain and system goals by: providing clinical educational and insight; participating in supplier meetings; and developing optimal outcomes in supplier relations.
6. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, and Steward policies to meet the
company’s mission and vision.
7. Drives development of protocols to enhance standardization and minimize variance in usage.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
1. Extensive knowledge of and experience in managing an effective clinical value analysis process across all contract and product categories
2. Team player with excellent interpersonal, consensus building, and group facilitation skills
3. Strong analytical, organizational, communication, and customer service skills
4. Strong Excel skills and ability to develop compelling documents and presentations for clinicians and senior
1. Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in Nursing or another clinical field is required.
2. An MBA or Masters in a related field is preferred.
3. 10 years of progressively more responsible professional experience in acute care
4. 5+ years’ experience in value analysis at a hospital or system level