The role of the Surgical Technician is to provide outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers while providing exceptional care to patients and customers within the clinical scope of a Surgical Tech. The Surgical Tech ensures that patients’ needs and expectations are met and all necessary preparations are completed for the surgical process. Surgical Tech's are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
- Performs "scrub" duties for surgical procedures, including but not limited to; picking of surgical procedure supplies, setting up surgical instrumentation, performing duties during intra-operative phase, and participating in clean up after procedure(s)
- Assists with front and back office duties
- Prepares patients to be seen by physicians
- Collects vital signs and testing as required by the healthcare provider
- Assists provider with collection, documentation, processing, and verification of information related to patient care in an EMR system.
- Keeps patients informed of wait times and manages visit expectations
- Performs diagnostic tests and processes and enters results
- Communicates patient concerns and needs to the healthcare provider
- Timely responses to patient inquiries and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Completes documentation of patient interactions
- Answers telephones, forwards telephone messages and under the direction of licensed staff schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, locating and compiling department charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering charges for billing purposes
- Facilitates timely closing of clinic and follows closing procedures
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director
- This position requires verifiable successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technician program
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- Must be able to flex schedule in accordance with patient and provider schedules
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Institutional accreditation and degree obtainment will be verified upon hire
- Two or more years experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting
- One or more years of demonstrated customer service experience
- One or more years experience using electronic medical records (EMR)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- with company match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.