I. Position Function:
Responsible for the scheduling of all surgical procedures, and related testing for surgery patients.
Location: SMG Surgical Specialists of Haverhill - Haverhill, MA
Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, Day Shift
Competitive Pay and Comprehensive Benefits!
II. Job Relationships:
The Surgical Scheduler reports directly to the Practice Manager and/or designee.
The Surgical Scheduler works closely with the physicians, nursing staff, surgery residents and medical assistants and the medical center (i.e. Pre-Testing, OR Scheduling, Radiology). The Surgical Scheduler works closely with patients, the referring physicians and their office staff.
The Surgical Scheduler organizes and schedules the work flow of the surgeons’ operating room schedule assuring maximum use of OR time.
IV. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
"Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
· Schedules all surgical procedures for all l surgeons. This includes all major procedures, as well as, minor procedures.
· Communicates pre-procedure information to patient which may include: date of procedure; arrival time or time of transfer; pre-procedure instructions (medication instructions, arrival instructions, directions to hospital, discharge information, answer patient questions regarding procedure).
· Obtains insurance authorization of all procedures.
· Works closely and maintains excellent relations with various department personnel within the Hospital system.
· The Surgical Scheduler provides front-desk/reception coverage as needed and deemed necessary by the Manager.
· The Surgical Scheduler will take on different and/or additional responsibilities as needed and deemed necessary by the Practice Manager.
Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital-related, medical staff-related, and patient-related data and information.
Accountable for abiding by all relevant Hospital policies and procedures.
Accountable for obtaining necessary insurance authorization for procedures performed by the surgeons.
· Associates Degree or three years experience in a related health care environment preferred.
· Three years experience in a related health care environment
· Articulate individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and with experience in dealing with both patients and health care providers.
· Necessary attention to detail.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Understanding and familiarity of medical terminology.
· Strong computer skills.
Medical, Dental, Vison, 401k, Paid time off, Sick time, ect.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 135950