Supervisor, HIM Coding
The HIM Coding Supervisor, West Division shall support both Inpatient and Outpatient coding operations. The HIM Coding Supervisor position shall support the Coding Manager positions with direct coding, auditing, and/or edit review. The position shall support Revenue Cycle with special projects such as denial review and appeals designed to meet division goals. The Coding Supervisor position shall manage weekend coder schedules and overall weekend productivity. The position is designed to support the coding management team onsite three days per week (M, T, F) and work Sat and Sunday remote. The remote support shall include oversight off all scheduled coding resources and DNFB management.
- Cerner experience required, Meditech experience preferred
- Extensive experience with IPPS, UHDDS, Coding Clinic
- Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
Extensive knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Terminology, and Pathophysiology
- Education: CCS Credential
- Experience 5 years progressive HIM Coding Management experience within an Acute Care Hospital setting. Extensive experience with Revenue Cycle operations including acute care coding.
- Certification/Licensure: RHIA or RHIT with CCS
- Software/Hardware: Cerner and 3M 360 experience required, Meditech experience preferred
- Other: Required to work out of Steward Health Care office located in Richardson, Texas 3 days per week. Remote work on Saturday and Sunday
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10777