Supervisor Clinical Coordinator
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Supervisor, Practice Operations to support staff and providers in our busy Urology practice.
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are driven to learn from one another.
Under the direction of the Practice Manager, Urology, the successful candidate will:
- Provide daily direction and communication to employees so that external customers (i.e. patients, vendors, visitors) are treated in a timely, efficient, and effective manner. Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve facility operations, efficiency and service to both internal (all other staff) and external customers.
- Interface with physicians, nurse practitioners, and other managers to ensure smooth coordination of scheduling and maximization of schedule adherence; provide input on local conditions, identify needs and receives direction on real-time staffing increases or decreases. Approve schedules and work with other managers to communicate and fill schedules and handle exceptions.
- Establish clinical and administrative work procedures and processes that support organizational standards, procedures, and strategic directives.
- Provide performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each employee. Write and administer performance reviews for skill improvement.
- Be available for employees that experience work problems providing appropriate coaching, counseling, direction and resolution.
- Ensure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs and develop additional skills. Respond to and resolve employee relations issues expressed by staff. Create and maintain a favorable working relationship with peer supervisors, other employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale, productivity, and efficiency / effectiveness.
- Address disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy. In conjunction with Human Resources, prepare disciplinary actions and communicate effectively with employees on such actions and make effective/appropriate decisions relative to corrective action as required.
- Keep Practice Manager, Adult Medicine promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action that may be taken.
- Project a favorable image of the organization to promote its aims and objectives and enhance publice recognition and acceptance of all its areas of endeavor. Be a positive role model to direct and indirect reporting staff.
- RN, LPN, or MA degree/license/certification and/or equivalent medical operations management experience. Experience in a customer focused organization.
- Minimum 3 years previous medical practice experience, 1 year in a lead, educator or supervisor capacity
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff.
- Proven leadership experience; ability to develop and motivate a team; working knowledge of healthcare industry.
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 125155