Strategy Associate - Business Development
Master's degree is preferred.
The Strategy Associate will support strategic planning and strategy development for system-wide initiatives, and provide consultative assistance on other projects in support of the organization's short-term and long-term goals. The Strategy Associate will play a critical role in implementing and executing key strategic initiatives seeking to optimize our healthcare delivery model. The Strategy Associate will work closely with the leadership team to assess and mitigate potential risks, ensuring that Steward remains agile in its ability to adapt to today's ever-changing healthcare.
* Supports initiatives that will establish the long-term viability of Steward's community based accountable care business model, quantifying the impact of such initiatives
* Assesses market entry options and conducts due diligence on potential ventures, analyzing risks, opportunities and competitive positioning in target market
* Develops and executes complex business plans (including financial models) and project plans to achieve Steward's strategic growth goals. Validates assumptions and resource requirements with leadership team members to ensure business plans are based on factual clinical, financial and operational needs/requirements.
* Fosters collaborative relationships with Steward Leaders to achieve greater standardization and consistency in the development of quantitative analyses, including but not limited to: external assessments, demand projections, service line assessments, physician demand and supply analysis and De Novo ventures.
* Evaluate and develop core operational and financial KPIs in several Steward business units to drive optimal performance and forecasted growth
* Perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Ability to research, synthesize and integrate disparate pieces of data, analysis, and information
* Ability to multi-task and experience setting work priorities among competing needs; comfort with a changing work environment
* Ability to build informal working relationships, quickly establish credibility in new areas of work, and mobilize people at all levels towards collaborative goals
* Excellent communication skills to convey complex information appropriately to stakeholders with different backgrounds and needs, both oral and written
* Knowledge of and experience with common approaches for research, strategic analysis, project management tools and processes, and partner engagement
* Experience working in a range of teams and managing complex stakeholder environments
* Experience delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
* Proficiency in data analysis and in working with large data sets
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
* Master's Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred.
* Strong background in strategic/financial planning and/or consulting experience in healthcare. Minimum 4 years of experience in business development or corporate finance in healthcare industry (pediatrics preferred).
* Strong computer applications and project management skills required. Minimum of two years' strategy and/or strategic planning work experience, ideally with project experience in for-profit environments.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 55431