- Integral contributor to the month end close process ensuring adherence to the close calendar and related timelines
- Act as lead in preparation and subsequent analysis of monthly payroll, payroll accrual, and bonus related accruals.
- Maintain and prepare monthly benefit allocation journal entries according to the approved formula.
- Prepare monthly revenue entries for various billing systems based on reports received from Revenue Analysts.
- Prepare entries and analyze Malpractice expense for various providers.
- Prepare and analyze monthly expense supply & other expense accrual entries.
- Assists in preparation of annual Malpractice budget.
- Contribute to CME Concur project as SMG moves toward automation.
- Monitors, reconciles, and tracks provider CME requests for timely approval and processing. Communicates and resolves any issues concerning CME payments.
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet reconciliations for various payroll and non-payroll liability accounts on a monthly basis. Identifies and resolves reconciling items and brings outstanding issues to the attention of the Supervisor.
- Build and enhance personal and functional relationships within Finance and cross-functionally ensuring Accounting continues to elevate its internal service provider reputation within SMG.
- Assist in the facilitation of year-end audit work papers.
- Exhibit the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company within the dept and cross-functionally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 0-3 years’ experience, preferably in a financial/accounting environment.
- Prior experience in health care is helpful but certainly not required.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.