- Integral contributor to the monthly close process within specified deadlines, which includes journal entries, expense level processing, and account level and financial statement analysis. Focus areas include:
- Other Receivables
- Subsidiary divisions
- Assist in process improvement initiatives to enhance existing financial analysis, close, and reporting tools
- Complete purchase accounting for all Physician-level mergers & acquisitions
- Prepare monthly budget to actual variance analyses and drive timely issue resolution
- Assist the Technical Accounting Manager with the preparation of interim and year-end audit work papers
- Maintain sensitivity in communicating effectively and respectfully with all members of SMG, the Hospitals, and Corp
- Maintains the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience, preferably in a financial/accounting environment.
- Prior experience in health care is helpful but certainly not required.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, especially word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.