The Staff Accountant is a significant contributor to the month end close process, various financial reporting needs, balance sheet reconciliations, expense level processing, and accounting related projects.
- Integral contributor to the month-end close process ensuring adherence to the close calendar and related timelines
- Act as lead in preparation and subsequent analysis of monthly payroll, payroll accrual, and bonus related accruals.
- Maintain and prepare monthly benefit allocation journal entries according to the approved formula.
- Prepare monthly revenue entries for various billing systems based on reports received from Revenue Analysts.
- Prepare and analyze monthly expense supply & other expense accrual entries.
- Contribute to CME Concur project once it starts as SMG moves toward automation.
- Monitors, reconciles, and tracks provider CME requests for timely approval and processing. Communicates and resolves any issues concerning CME payments.
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet reconciliations for various payroll and non-payroll liability accounts monthly. Identifies and resolves reconciling items and brings outstanding issues to the attention of the Supervisor.
- Build and enhance personal and functional relationships within Finance and cross-functionally ensuring Accounting continues to elevate its internal service provider reputation within SMG.
- Assist in the facilitation of year-end audit work papers.
- Exhibit the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company within the dept and cross-functionally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience, preferably in a financial/accounting environment.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.