Under the general direction of the Corporate Controller, performs a wide variety of general accounting functions in support of the corporate and affiliated entities.
- Analyzes data for preparation of journal entries, keys in entries and advises supervisor ready to review/post
- Maintains schedules for amortization of prepaid insurance, calculation of billable operating expenses, credit card expense allocations
- Performs reconciliation of general ledger accounts as assigned, primarily cash and intercompany
- Supports Controller in preparation of invoices/correspondence
- Supports Controller in the preparation for annual financial audit and ongoing response to audit requests
- Works with Accounts Payable and other financial functions (Patient Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Fixed Asset) to resolve issues impacting general ledger
- Reviews key transactions and determines steps to consolidate intercompany transactions
- Prepares daily cash reports for reporting into treasury department
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience in accounting (preferably a minimum of six years' progressive experience and/or training) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Self-motivated problem solver with proven reconciliation and general ledger experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as generally accepted accounting principles and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access to maximize efficiency.
- Knowledge of web based banking.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7586