Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Senior FP&A Manager, develops, interprets, and implements complex financial tools, financial planning, budgeting, and analysis. The Senior Manager monitors the financial and operational performance of SMG hospitalists, emergency, pathology, and anesthesia service lines (known as SHERPA) and advises on the implementation of financial and operational plans of both existing and new business.
- Oversees budget, month-end and analytics for hospital-based services segment. Collaborates with practice management and hospital leadership to ensure initiatives are being tracked and variances are being communicated.
- Responsible for overseeing, managing, and developing a team of analysts, including but not limited to hiring, training evaluating staff.
- Oversee the preparation of financial presentations and narratives for monthly operating reviews, board of director meetings, annual budget presentations, and strategic operating plans.
- Provide operational reporting to VPs of each hospital-based service line to drive visibility into volume, quality, coding, throughput, and provider productivity.
- Act as a key liaison between Operations team and Senior Leadership to identify and track key initiatives to improve bottom line.
- Oversee monthly close process, meeting Corporate deadlines while ensuring accurate monthly financial reporting, based on input from Practice management and in conjunction with accounting staff.
- Identify and outline areas of opportunity to drive process improvement and efficiency.
- Build and maintain dynamic excel models that will be used in financial reporting and ad-hoc analyses.
- Build relationships with leaders of other business units within the organization (i.e. Accounting, Revenue Cycle, Payroll, HR, Operations, M&A).
- Motivate and inspire employees to do their best through coaching. Maintain morale and support employee activities.
- Uphold the company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial reporting and budgeting systems; Axiom experience is a plus; experience with BI tools preferred. Advanced modeling skills required.
- 7+ years of work experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Healthcare Management, and/or Strategic Planning required with progressively increasing responsibility and scope.
- 4+ years of experience directly leading employees.
- Previous Healthcare / Physician Group experience highly preferred, but not required.
- Strong financial and business modeling skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, and business acumen.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Employee mentoring and career development.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; relationship building skills.
- Must be able to work well in team-focused environment and communicate well with executive leadership.
- Excellent project and time management abilities.
- Prior experience working with a general ledger.
- Ability to work under pressure within short time constraints and in a complex high growth organization.
- Ability to pivot and successfully adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.