Steward Health Care is working on something profoundly different. We have an unwavering commitment to enhancing care delivery with the use of cutting edge technology and we are looking for highly skilled engineers with the desire to apply their talents to something genuinely valuable. It’s time to truly advance the way we provide care.
The Software Development team at Steward Health Care is focused on advanced web-based application development utilizing industry leading predictive modeling and cloud computing to provide elegant, innovative solutions in a myriad of care settings. We believe in a culture of trust, open communication and regular collaboration that allows the cultivation of team harmony. Our environment values hard work, creativity and a devotion to learning. We love to be challenged, have an innate need to solve problems and enjoy unparalleled satisfaction from delivering beautifully crafted solutions.
Steward Software Development is looking for a full stack Web Developer with a passion for creating enterprise-class, modern, cloud-based web applications using industry-leading technologies. This position can be located in Richardson, TX or Dedham, MA.
- Integral role in structural design and build of web applications utilizing industry-leading technologies and best practices
- Work with the Product Owner, Project Managers and key stakeholders to fully understand user experience and functional requirements for product enhancement requests
- Develop and implement logical, pattern-based services to drive a satisfying and consistent user experience and efficient back-end communication
- Work with Front-End Developers and QA Analysts on definition and automation of UI scripted testing
- Work with other Developers and DevOps Analysts on definition and automation of unit testing
- Collaborate with DevOps and Team Leads to help identify areas for performance improvement
- Participate in stakeholder meetings to help present prototypes and implemented designs
- Contribute to team body of knowledge by educating colleagues on industry developments and new client-side technologies
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related 4+-year technical degree
- 5+ years of experience in web application development
- Experience in UI/UX design
- Solid background in computer science
- Proficient with C#, .NET framework and associated design patterns such as MVC
- Experience with front end testing, debugging and task automation tools – Chrome dev tools, Jasmine, Mocha, Karma, Grunt, Gulp
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and related architectural styles using REST, SOAP, RPC, XML, etc.
- Experience building dynamically responsive views that render consistently on popular browsers and form factors
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and some hands-on experience creating web apps hosted on leading cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with modern version control systems like Git (preferred) or TFVC.
- Experience with build, test and continuous integration (CI) software such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS. Visual Studio Team Services preferred.
- Experience with an integrated development environment (IDE), preferably Visual Studio
- Experience working in an Agile-based development environment and knowledge of different methods such as Scrum, Feature-driven development (FDD) and Kanban
- Experience with event processing architecture and knowledge with Healthcare systems and Healthcare Information Exchange protocols like HL7 and FHIR are big plus
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to seek out and learn new technologies and development practices
- Ability and willingness to adapt quickly to changing priorities and requests
- Ability to thrive under pressure and take control of urgent and demanding issues