Senior Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
Master's degree is required.
Under direction of the EVP of Operations, the SVP develops, interprets, and implements complex financial tools, financial planning, budgeting and analysis. The SVP monitors the financial and operational performance of Steward's core business units and Corporate departments and advises on the implementation of financial and operational plans. In addition, the SVP is responsible for defining the methodology and building innovative tools to use financial data to proactively drive business decisions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Directs operations for the Budget and financial analysis staff. Oversees development of annual operating budget for all assigned departments and practices. Documents assumptions and identifies areas of concern to be reviewed by leadership.
* Organizes and compiles the annual budget timelines and process. Ensures Steward Healthcare budget deadlines are met.
* Interviews, hires, trains, and delegates work to financial analysts. Prepare timely and professional evaluations and take disciplinary action when necessary.
* Monitor and review clinical financial performance and ensure accurate monthly financial reporting, in conjunction with accounting staff.
* Develops policies and procedures for financial planning and ensure operations are efficient and effective.
* Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance. Ensure integrity, accuracy and reasonableness of financial results. Compile reports and analyses for monthly and quarterly executive financial packages.
* Oversee distribution of monthly financial reports to administration and clinical leadership and present at monthly/quarterly meetings.
* Oversee and review various financial analysis requests such as, compensation modeling, salary withhold calculations, profitability for new locations, or other pro-formas.
* Recommend quality and/or process improvement initiatives in order to improve department efficiencies.
* Use tact and sensitivity in communicating effectively and respectfully with physicians, patients, families, co-workers, and all others.
* Maintains the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
* Perform all other duties related to this job including additional hours as needed to meet competing deadlines.
* 60% Lead Budgeting Process
* 25% Financial Analysis
* 15% Process improvement and automation
* MBA required
* Minimum of 12 to 15 years Finance experience with a minimum of 5-8 years supervisory experience.
* Excellent computer and analytic skills.
* Experience with data analytics and predictive analytics platforms preferred
* Experience with managed care, physician practice management, revenue cycle management, accounting and budget management preferred
* Experience with Budget Advisor/Axiom system preferred.
* General knowledge of healthcare finance.
* Strong system skills. Extensive experience with MS Excel including performing analyses using the Vlookup and Pivot table functions. Experience with Budget Advisor/Axiom system preferred.
* Ability to effectively represent organization with internal and external customers at a senior level.
* Effective staff recruiting, retention and mentoring skills. Ability to build and foster a cohesive financial planning and analysis team.
* Analytical ability to develop effective policies and procedures, find solutions to complex technical and organizational problems.
* Strong interpersonal skills to interact with Executive team, and represent Steward effectively to external contacts or professional groups.
* Strong understanding of financial system requirements.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 53995