Senior Tax Accountant
Bachelor's degree is required.
The Tax Senior is an integral member of the System's tax department. The position will have regular responsibilities in the areas of income tax compliance, ASC 740 reporting, and other ongoing duties and special projects. Technical work will initially be under the supervision of more senior members of the tax department. Opportunities for technical development will be significant.
* Assist with the annual tax provision process for the consolidated audited financial statements and any required separate opinion audits.
* Participate in the income tax compliance process, which includes gathering and analyzing data, coordinating with outside firms, and ensuring that all federal and state returns, extensions, and estimates are filed on a timely basis.
* Responsible for taxable income computations and supporting documentation.
* Research, analyze, and document complex tax issues involving new transactions, planning opportunities, questions from hospitals, etc.
* Assist with IRS examinations and other audits. Respond to notices from taxing authorities.
* Other projects as needed.
SKILL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum 2 years income tax experience in a large company or public accounting firm working with large corporations and/or complex partnerships.
* Experience with income tax provision (ASC 740) preferred.
* Must possess basic technical tax knowledge, critical thinking ability, written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and spreadsheet proficiency.
* Strong organizational skills required for planning workload and resources to manage deadlines.
EDUCATION OR SPECIFIC TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* CPA and/or Master's in Tax preferred
ADDITIONAL SKILLS NEEDED:
* Tax provision software experience a plus
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100022781