Senior Support Technician
The Senior Support Technician is responsible for providing end users with high level technical support of networked devices, printers, desktops and peripheral devices. This individual will be required to provide second tier support to other IS staff. The Senior Support technician will provide deployment, software installation, testing of network connections and troubleshooting services. The Senior Support technician will have daily interaction with end user and will provide the highest level of customer service to both the end users and other IS staff.
The Senior Support Technician will be required to work independently with minimum direction from leadership. This individual will also assist in mentoring and training junior staff.
• Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients
• Responsible for providing first level support including maintenance, updating, modification, troubleshooting, and assessment of all supported hospital and branch office computers, printers, and other peripheral devices.
• Troubleshoot various technical problems with workstations and standalone PCs, laser and label printers, network connectivity, and peripheral hardware and bring issues to resolution in a timely manner.
• Provide second level technical support for other Network Technicians and for the Support Center
• Review assigned calls in the call tracking system and take appropriate action to resolve issues. Ensure that all tickets are updated with information in a timely manner
• Prioritize and escalate problems within given guidelines
• Utilize stored information and documentation to help resolve issues
• Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
• Triage calls to appropriate groups if call cannot be resolved
• Responsible for planning and executing moves, adds and changes of PC and Printer equipment
• Maintain a clean and orderly workplace, organizing and properly disposing of hardware, software and miscellaneous items in accordance with hospital, departmental and enterprise standards
• Provide regular on-call duties as scheduled.
• Maintain a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the department. Occasional after hours and weekend work to cover shifts. Responsible for covering some shifts alone
• Mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the technical support team.
• Conform to all departmental and enterprise standards, policies, and procedures
• Provide setup and installation services for networked devices using Steward's standard operating procedures and asset management procedures
• Add/modify devices to the network in compliance with the Steward standards
• Participate in the execution of large deployment projects and/or departmental moves
• Develop an understanding and awareness of the enterprise, including its objectives, design, strategies, departmental initiatives, staffing and the roles of key players in the organization.
• Maintain proper shift coverage for answering calls
• Occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds
• Travel to other sites required
• Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to follow direction.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse project areas.
• Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing.
• Ability to manage small projects.
• Ability to prioritize projects and daily workflow.
• Ability to communicate effectively to Steward personnel using written and oral formats
• Ability to effectively prepare presentation material and present information to IS staff, management, hospital and public groups
• Ability to strategically plan and be proactive in approach.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
I. Education: 2 year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience
II. Experience: 5 years experience in a customer services focused environments, Healthcare IT preferred
III. Certification/Licensure: Industry standard certification Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician (MCDST), CompTIA A+, and/or CompTIA Network+ is preferred
a. Hands on PC and Macintosh experience in installation, repair and troubleshooting
b. Expert knowledge of PC hardware and associated subsystems
c. Expert knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems (XP, Win7)
d. General knowledge of MSOffice, Exchange, IE, Safari, Activesynch, MS Project, MSVisio,
e. Knowledge of client-server computing
f. Knowledge of printer hardware and experience in installation, repair and troubleshooting
g. Knowledge of basic data communications networking equipment, including hubs, routers and cabling infrastructure
h. Knowledge of LAN/WAN internetworking protocols
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7514