Senior Practice Manager
Under the direction of the Directors, the Senior Practice Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management of operations at multi-specialty clinic sites and related outreach. Multi-Specialty clinics sites include but are not limited to: Neurology, Pain Management, Cardio, Ortho, and Urgent Care. The Senior Practice Manager supervises and/or coordinates the functions related to front desk, business transactions, medical records management, transcription, clinical support services, compliance, safety, and customer service. Works collaboratively with clinic medical staff and with system wide administrative and medical staff as needed. The Senior Practice Manager is committed to creating a culture of compassion, integrity, innovating thinking and leadership excellence.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coordination for general clinic operations
- Manages internal and outreach services of the clinic
- Develops and maintains clinic budget
- Responsible for plan and execution of clinic financial goals
- Organizes the work processes and work units to promote efficient flow
- Monitors workload and systems, coordinating resources to optimize operational efficiencies and patient satisfaction
- Collaborates with Director and professional staff to develop operating expense, FTE, and capital budgets
- Manages clinic operations to achieve and maintain financial performance targets
- Coordinate purchases of office, medical-surgical, pharmaceutical, laboratory, and x-ray supplies, manages inventories for each, and approves invoices for payments
- Coordinates on-site telephone and computer systems with Hospital resource departments
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of regulations and standards specific to the clinic(s), including Medicare service and billing regulations
- Coordinates the development of physician and midlevel clinic schedules and coordinates and communicates initial and revised schedules as appropriate
- Assures that physician call schedules are developed for all physicians, and coordinates call schedule with in-clinic schedule, physician availability, communicating initial and revised call schedules as appropriate
- Monitors flexible benefits expenditures to stay within contract allowances
- Assures that initial and subsequent physician/midlevel third party payer Credentialing is completed within required time frames
- Works collaboratively with clinic division coding and billing specialists and central business office to assure timely and accurate capture of charges for services provided, prompt response to claim rejections, and compliance with all reimbursement procedures
- Communicates and supports policies and procedures appropriate for clinic
- Completes required reporting in a timely manner
- Provides supervision and leadership
- Conducts applicant interviews and effectively recommends appropriate personnel for clinic positions
- Provides for initial orientation and ongoing training of personnel in proper work performance
- Plans, schedules, and assigns work in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Achieves and maintains targeted staffing, quality and service standards
- Regularly evaluates employee performance according to policy, and provides direction for growth and motivation in the time period required
- Conducts or recommends progressive discipline and discharge proceedings when necessary
- Partners with Human Resources Representative on performance and employee relations issues
- Counsel’s employees in resolving performance related problems
- Functions as a resource, teaching and collaborating with staff on a continuous basis
- Bachelors Degree in Health Administration or related field
- Five years or more management experience, preferably in healthcare, or equivalent education and experience
- Experience working with physicians in a large physician group
- Experience with Multi-Specialty Clinics
- Institutional accreditation and degree obtainment will be verified upon hire
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copay is $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- With company match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.