Senior Physician Recruiter
- Strategic sourcing of candidates by initiating and maintaining networking relationships though medical associations, key contacts and visibility at professional conferences.
- Actively seek out candidates through networking opportunities, initiate contact to introduce them to Steward Health Care, and maintain contact in order to develop an ongoing pool of candidates.
- Recruitment of qualified physicians includes initial screening, introduction of candidate to local area, responding to inquiries both about relocation and hospital/ practice questions in order to identify the best match of candidates with the appropriate opening.
- Maintain a current understanding of the national and local markets in order to respond to both candidates and staff inquiries and ensure competiveness of recruitment efforts.
- Work with Leadership to develop and implement effective sourcing and recruitment strategies and plans.
- Manage ongoing national and local recruitment efforts.
- Maintain required statistics and metrics to track recruitment efforts.
- Identifies and sources targeted physicians using a variety of creative and effective recruitment methods.
- Reviews CVs/applications and phone screens all candidates to determine quality and fit for the organization.
- Present physician opportunities with detail and clarity, providing information about The Medical Group, compensation plan, benefits, and specific elements of the position.
- Creates a comprehensive practice description for each opportunity. Prepares job descriptions and develops job postings for company website. Identifies and searches candidate database(s) for potential candidates.
- Researches association publications, websites and other appropriate resources on which to post physician opportunities. Develops relationships with residency programs. Assist with the development of promotional materials, such as banners and posters to be used in recruitment events.
- Maintains a candidate tracking worksheet/database reflecting documentation of open positions, interviews scheduled, conversation had, offers made or not made, offers accepted or not accepted, reasons for offers declined, etc. Follows up with all candidates and referring parties in a timely manner.
- Directs, organizes and coordinates all aspects of candidate itineraries, agendas and site visits including: travel and hotel reservations, clinic, hospital and community tours, appointments with physicians, lunch/dinner reservations, and processes all related receipts.
- Stays current on regional and national physician hiring trends and practices; researches competitor's activities to keep informed of changes impacting Medical Group’s ability to hire and retain top physician talent.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of education and experience
- Experience: 2-5 years of recruiting for hospital, physician practices including experience in hard-to fill positions within the medical field
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Other: Local and national travel; current drivers’ license required as well as own vehicle.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively source and recruit qualified candidates
- Demonstrated understanding of medical manpower planning and the requirements of each individual market and / or specialty.
- Ability to effective interview, screen and establish rapport with candidates.
- Ability to convey information about the Steward Health Care organization to leave candidates with a positive impression about the organization.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain large amounts of data and information on candidates, markets and the organization as a whole.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.