Senior Network Engineer (VOIP)
Senior Network Engineer (VOIP) isresponsible for maintaining the Enterprise Cisco IP Telephony infrastructure. This includes planning, design, installation, and maintaining routers, switches, wireless, video, unified communications hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of network hardware and systems, and project implementation.
Works with other network and security engineers, system administrators, systems analysts, support center staff, technicians, vendors, and users relating to applications associated with a production-computing environment.
• Responsible for maintaining the Steward IP Telephony network infrastructure. This includes planning, design, installation, and maintaining router, switch, wireless, video, unified communications hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of network hardware and systems, and project implementation.
• Performs installation and maintenance of network electronics, software, and solutions.
• Assists in prioritizing the implementation of communications technology according to needs of the business.
• Recommends hardware and software acquisitions to meet projected demands.
• Adheres to problem resolution and escalation procedures, documenting, and responding to all related system problems and resolving them on a timely basis.
• Notifies manager of problem areas and develops backup strategy and emergency plans.
• Keeps abreast of vendor best practices, industry trends and changes in network software and hardware technologies in order to improve current service levels.
• Off hours availability for emergencies and change windows is required.
• Performs regular on-call duties as scheduled.
I. Education: Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
II. Experience: Seven or more years of professional experience in a large multi-site organization with complex networks.
III. Certification/Licensure: Preferred industry certifications include: CCVP, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CUCM, CUC, CME or other Cisco certification.
IV. Software/Hardware: Expert Experience with Cisco network and VOIP products is required.
•Ability to deploy and manage multi cluster and multi-subscriber Cisco VOIP environments, as well as SRST is required.
•Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl is desirable.
•Experience with Unix (especially Linux) is desirable.
Experience with LAN/WAN technologies and QOS design & implementation. Current knowledge/understanding of SRST, MPLS, DMVPN, IPSEC and WAN.
Network: SIP. H323, MGCP, SCCP Configurations
V. Other: Ability to troubleshoot network/system related issues and manage components in a production environment is critical.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10789