Senior Network Engineer - 8:00am-4:30pm
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
We believe in world-class health care where you live. This is the foundation on which we are building a new kind of health care system. An innovative system with the financial commitment to invest in the things we believe, and the operational experience to make it work.
We believe in state-of-the-art facilities and clinical technology. We believe in top-notch physicians and nurses. We believe electronic health records support your continuum of care. We believe in health care that begins with prevention and builds around your needs. It's called fully integrated community care.
We believe community care systems are essential to the economic health of our communities. We believe by strengthening health care community by community, we can strengthen health care all across America.
Senior Technical Position responsible for maintaining the Steward Cisco IP Telephony infrastructure. This includes planning, design, installation, and maintaining routers, switches, wireless, video, unified communications hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of network hardware and systems, and project implementation.
Works with other network and security engineers, system administrators, systems analysts, support center staff, technicians, vendors, and users relating to applications associated with a production-computing environment.
* Responsible for maintaining the Steward IP Telephony network infrastructure. This includes planning, design, installation, and maintaining router, switch, wireless, video, unified communications hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of network hardware and systems, and project implementation.
* Performs installation and maintenance of network electronics, software, and solutions.
* Assists in prioritizing the implementation of communications technology according to needs of the business.
* Recommends hardware and software acquisitions to meet projected demands.
* Adheres to problem resolution and escalation procedures, documenting, and responding to all related system problems and resolving them on a timely basis.
* Notifies manager of problem areas and develops backup strategy and emergency plans.
* Keeps abreast of vendor best practices, industry trends and changes in network software and hardware technologies in order to improve current service levels.
* Off hours availability for emergencies and change windows is required.
* Performs regular on-call duties as scheduled.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Experience with Cisco Unified Communications products including Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unified Contact Center, and Unity Express.
* Experience with Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) architecture and best practices.
* Ability to prioritize projects and daily work-flow.
* Ability to communicate effectively to Steward personnel, including Management and IS staff, using written and oral formats.
* Good teamwork skills.
* Ability to plan and be proactive in approach.
* Must possess the ability to solve problems creatively.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
I. Education: Four-year college degree.
II. Experience: Five or more years of professional experience in a medium to large size organization with complex networks.
III. Certification/Licensure: Preferred industry certifications include: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or other Cisco certification.
IV. Software/Hardware: Experience with Cisco network and VOIP products is required.
* Ability to deploy and manage multi cluster and multi-subscriber Cisco VOIP environments, as well as SRST is required.
* Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl is desirable.
* Experience with Unix (especially Linux) is desirable.
V. Other: Ability to troubleshoot network/system related issues and manage components in a production environment is critical.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100022121