Senior Manager, Telecommunications
The Sr. Manager, Telecom will be responsible for managing the Steward IS Telecom team and processes. They will be providing limited technical support and integration to both end users and IT staff regarding the Cisco telephony environment and other applications that are implemented at Steward Health Care System. This role will provide operational support of core IT applications, working with the IT application business owners. This person will report to the Director of Collaboration
• Develop and implement a long-term strategy for the Enterprise telephony system
• Assist in the development and implement a long-term strategy for audio video conferences and live broadcasts.
• Manage and lead the SHC Telecom team including but not limited managing the day to day activities and support processes.
• Manage staff and all related responsibilities including, but not limited to, time keeping, performance evaluations, and mentoring a successful career growth.
• Leadership role in managing multi-vendor environment to ensure that production issues are resolved in a timely manner, as well as follow up on the long-term corrective actions identified.
• Create and view trend analysis reports in order optimize performance or implement process improves that will lead to improved stability and availability
• Work with the other IT teams incorporating them into the existing production support policies and procedures in place and keep them engaged in developing enhancements to processes and procedures.
• Develop reporting metrics for monthly status to the CTO, CIO and other senior leaders to better address demand and resource management.
• Manage and provide support for the maintenance, updating, modification, troubleshooting, and assessment of the Cisco environment
• Manage the evaluation, testing, installation and configuration of Steward's Cisco environment, including analyze and test software for interoperability and compatibility with the desktop and complex network and other components of the IT infrastructure.
• Assist users and other technical staff to perform testing and problem analysis for any application issues included in this role
• Administer various tasks for high visibility projects ensuring that the appropriate support structure is in place.
• Work with Third Party Vendors during implementation and trouble-shooting of application issues and problem resolution ensuring that the proper long-term strategies are in place.
• Assist in evaluation of business needs for end users and recommend IT application solutions in accordance with Steward platform standards
• Occasional after hours and weekend work to perform tasks that cannot be done during business hours.
• Remain on call supporting the SHC Telecom team
• Participate as a member of IS project Management Teams as necessary, execute project deliverables
• Integrate acquisition hospitals and applications into the Steward Enterprise model.
• Adhere to the Change Management process.
• Adhere to and assist in the Crisis Management process.
• Adhere to the department Mission Statement and Steward values
• All other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow direction.
• Strong ability to effectively monitor and manage Service Level Agreements including executive level reporting and analysis for monthly and quarterly business reviews.
• Demonstrated experience building and managing strong customer relationships and operations
• Excellent customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and work streams
• Proven team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
• Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing.
• Exceptional analytical and process development skills.
• Ability to motivate others to perform
• Ability to manage multiple issues at one time with exceptional follow through.
• Good Analytical Problem-solving skills and strategic thinking
• Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse project areas.
• Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ability to prioritize projects and daily workflow.
• Ability to effectively prepare presentation material and present information to IS staff, management, hospital and public groups
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
• Bachelor's degree and/or qualification in an IT related discipline or equivalent technical and business experience
• Healthcare IT preferred.
• 5+ years' experience managing employees in a customer services focused environments.
• 5+ years' experience supporting voice, video and collaboration services to include production and technical support.
• Advanced knowledge of both Windows and Apple operating systems
• Experience implementing Cisco voice technologies, including the design and installation of Cisco VoIP networks, UCCE, UCM and Unity VM systems.
• Strong experience architecting/designing, implementing and managing Enterprise telephony systems, with Cisco network and VOIP products
• Experience in building and configuring a scalable and robust audio video collaboration environment.
• Strong knowledge of basic data communications networking equipment, including hubs, routers and cabling infrastructure, LAN/WAN internetworking protocols
• Knowledge of Active Directory, PowerShell, ActiveSync
• Knowledge of Cisco SSL VPN, Secure ID, Sophos AV, BitLocker
• Knowledge of MSOffice, Exchange, Sharepoint, IE, Safari, MS Project, MS Visio
• Knowledge of wireless devices including but not limited to Android and iPhone
• Tracking and escalation of incidents with Cisco technical support
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 16462