Senior Financial Analyst
Bachelor's degree is required.
Steward Health Care, the largest private for-profit hospital operator in the United States, is a physician-led health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the communities where patients live. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 38 community hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes more than 25 urgent care centers, 42 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,300 beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
The Financial Operations team provides analysis, reporting and support to senior leadership so all can understand historical performance, drivers and trends and through data adequately engage in division or hospital conversations to drive actionable and enhancing strategies. The Financial Operations team collaborates with all business units across the system supporting both routine and ad-hoc financial, operational and statistical analyses.
Under the guidance of the VP; Financial Operations Controller, the Financial Analyst will serve as a business partner to both corporate and local leadership teams to drive an effective monthly reporting process, support high-level analytics and facilitate the development and improvement of business processes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Superior analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills as well as the ability to critically evaluate and synthesize complex processes and large sets of data for trend analysis, operations improvement, and root cause analysis.
· Comfort with ambiguity and ability to effectively multi-task, make tradeoffs, take initiative, and prioritize within a fast-paced, demanding environment
· Collaborative team-player with strong interpersonal skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Familiarity with data table structures and manipulating large data sets
· Ability to handle highly confidential information in a professional manner
· Healthcare finance experience a plus, but not required
I. Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting; Master's degree a plus
II. Experience (Type & Length): 5+ years' related experience required.
III. Software/Hardware: Very strong proficiency with Excel (financial modeling & data aggregation, lookups, macros); proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Outlook; experience with Access, Hyperion, One Stream or Kaufman Hall Axiom a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100023326