Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the direction of the Senior Finance Manager, the Senior Financial Business Analyst is responsible for creating, analyzing, and maintaining multiple practice and provider financial statements, for both existing and new business, to support SMG's strategic initiatives and overall performance. The optimal candidate for this role is a deadline-oriented person who enjoys working independently in a fast-paced environment, identifies and implements process efficiencies, and coaches/trains other analysts on the team. The Senior Financial Business Analyst is a key member of SMG's corporate team and is a significant contributor to achieving all its financial performance goals.
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports and analysis, meeting organizational and departmental deadlines while adding value to Finance and Operations leadership.
- Own multiple hospital markets while working independently with minimal supervision.
- Partner with practice directors and senior leadership to create annual operating budgets, drawing awareness to risks and opportunities within the figure. Identify opportunities to streamline process, minimizing rework.
- Leverage BI tools and real-time data to proactively monitor market activity prior to month-end close.
- Partner with practice directors and senior leadership to analyze budget variances monthly. Possess clear understanding of revenue and expense drivers, with the ability to provide timely variance commentary monthly, rate analyses for payor contracting, and forecasts for new business.
- Work together with practice directors to develop, automate, and publish both financial and operational dashboards, productivity, and efficiency reports.
- Own finance processes for new business, including utilizing information to develop and own automated financial models with internal and external benchmarks for productivity, compensation, and expense management control.
- Drive efficiencies in the close, budgeting, and business plan processes. Build complex financial models or leverage BI to reduce turnaround times.
- Mentor and train other financial analysts on best practices in relation to financial systems and processes.
- Use tact, sensitivity, clarity, and professionalism in communicating effectively and respectfully with the leadership team, physicians, co-workers, and others.
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Respond timely to emails and phone messages within a 24-hour period.
- Maintain confidentiality of restricted records and communications.
- Maintain the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
- Perform other duties as required for this job.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, information systems, or business management.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience. Healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Experience in analyzing budget variances and building complex financial models.
- Advanced user experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Other Microsoft application experience is a plus.
- Experience with Kaufman Hall Budget Advisor, Meditech financial modules or Athena not required, but very helpful.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills are required.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, with modeling experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and take initiative in implementing process efficiencies.
- Confidentiality is required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.