Senior Financial Analyst
Steward Health Care System is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst with a healthcare background to serve as a business partner to senior leadership, to drive an effective budgeting and planning process and to support high-level analysis. The Senior Financial Analyst will provide financial analysis in support of the annual budget and periodic reforecast requirements in coordination with business unit and corporate staff organizations; produce monthly/quarterly financial results, corporate financial reporting requirements and related financial analysis; and perform financial analysis to evaluate operating performance and support decision making.
- Tracking and analyzing key financial and operational business metrics
- Playing an active role in the monthly reporting process inclusive of but not limited to:
- Assisting in the collection/preparation of hospital statistics
- Validating the accuracy of financial results as part of the month-end close and reporting process
- Playing an active role to both the long-term and short-term (annual) budgeting and monthly forecasting processes
- Ad hoc analysis in support of corporate initiatives
- This role will be expected to understand, communicate and explain variance drivers within the business and to help the finance team in making recommendations to senior management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Business, Finance or Accounting major preferred but not required. Progress towards MBA a plus
- Experience: Experience within a healthcare consulting firm or large company strongly preferred. 3-7 years of finance experience; healthcare industry experience strongly preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18077