Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Under the direction of the Vice President of Finance the Sr. Director, FP&A, is responsible for overseeing the FP&A function, which includes budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, financial analysis, and other strategic initiatives. The Sr. Director will be a key leader in driving transformational change for a fast-paced and growing enterprise. They will oversee a team of highly motivated finance professionals and will also provide strategic direction for the department and execute on that strategy, including transformational projects such as redesigning SMG’s budgeting system/processes and designing/implementing an enterprise-wise physician compensation calculation and reporting tool. The Sr. Director will also be responsible for internal reporting to operations leadership, functional leaders and Corporate senior leaders, and external reporting to Boards of Directors, investors and other external stakeholders.
- Lead the budget and resource planning process for all SMG markets (currently over 1,700 providers in 11 states); including, but not limited to, the annual planning cycle, periodic forecasting, and scenario analysis, in conjunction with ad-hoc analytics and initiatives for the various business segments.
- Liaise with Operations and Finance to obtain a detailed understanding of the annual budget, monthly reporting information and forecast, and identify strategic opportunities and/or risks.
- Oversee the monthly close process and preparation of financial reports and presentations, ensuring that all accruals are accurate, overhead allocations are correct and budget variances are explained.
- Develop a strategy and plan for the department which includes strategic and transformational projects to drive continual automation and work reduction tools and processes to support effective, and accurate financial planning across the company.
- Responsible for calculating and approving provider compensation calculations and leading the development of standardized compensation models and designing / implementing the associated tools.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the SMG FP&A and Revenue Recognition teams; including, but not limited to, organize and prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, motivate, mentor and manage work performance.
- Provide high quality and timely analytical support for projects, strategic initiatives, and other ad-hoc requirements.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Strong financial and business modeling skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, and business acumen.
- Employee mentoring and career development.
- Excellent project and time management abilities.
- Prior experience working with a general ledger.
- Ability to work under short time constraints and in a complex high growth organization.
- Ability to pivot and successfully adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting. Related Master’s Degree preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial reporting and budgeting systems; Axiom experience is a plus; experience with Tableau preferred. Advanced modeling skills required.
- 10+ years of work experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Healthcare Management, and/or Strategic Planning required with progressively increasing responsibility and scope.
- 5+ years of experience directly leading employees.
- Previous Healthcare / Physician Group experience highly preferred, but not required.
Steward Medical Group is a dynamic and growing physician-led multi-specialty practice group headquartered in the Boston, Massachusetts suburbs, and a part of Steward Health Care. We operate more than 450 practices in 11 states with primary care as our core and specialties ranging from Women’s Health to Advanced Cardiac Surgery. Our strength lies in our commitment to, and success in, treating the complete patient in the right place, at the right time. We provide care annually for more than 2.2 million patients.