Senior Director, Application Delivery
Steward Healthcare System is look for a Senior Director of Application Delivery that will oversee team application development activities and be responsible for new development and/or maintenance and/or operation of software products, features, components and tools. Will direct both project and functional management efforts during the software development lifecycle with SDLC or Agile methodologies. Collaborate with other application delivery related functional areas such as enterprise data warehouse, architecture, product management, quality assurance and project management to ensure products and services meet high quality. Staffing management including hiring of full time and contingent personnel, career planning, training, and performance management. The position can be located in Richardson, TX or Dedham, MA.
- Directs one or more Agile development groups in the successful design, development, implementation and maintenance of applications. Orchestrate SDLC or Agile processes and allocate resources in accordance with priorities.
- Effectively interacts with key stakeholders including Product Management, Quality Assurance and Release Management, and business partners in the development of specifications and the creation, testing and implementation of system products.
- Responsible for managing one or more critical business initiative efforts. Provides and administers standard procedures and principles for the department for both personnel and technical issues.
- Directs the development of procedures and policies related to applications development and maintenance. Lead and monitor SDLC or Agile for effectiveness & productivity. Participates in key project reviews and organizational activities.
- Ensures that all projects meet time and budget constraints while ensuring that specifications are met and high-quality products are delivered.
- Effectively manages Associate performance; attracts and retains key talent; leads team in manner that results in highly engaged Associates.
- Keeps up to date on technological changes, especially regarding job-related programming languages, operating systems, cloud computing platforms, tools and methodologies. Stays current with skills required for job assignment and progression to further knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High degree of collaboration and partnerships with other peer development organizations, product management, business unit clients, and end users to produce innovative solutions and establish business priorities
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid background in computer science and mathematics
- Proficient in object-oriented programming concepts and development techniques
- Proficient with at least one OO language, preferably C#
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure suite of products
- Experience with software development tools like Git, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS) like Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with NoSQL solutions such as Cosmos DB, Hadoop, MongoDB etc.
- Experience with build, test and continuous integration (CI) software such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, Team Foundation Server, etc.
- Experience with an integrated development environment (IDE), preferably Visual Studio
- Experience working in an Agile-based development environment and knowledge of different methods such as Scrum, Feature-driven development (FDD) and Kanban
- Experience with architecture patterns like Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices, Event/Messaging Processing and Enterprise Service Bus
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to seek out and learn new technologies and development practices
- Ability and willingness to adapt quickly to changing priorities and requests
- Ability to thrive under pressure and take control of urgent and demanding issues
Education: BA/BS/MS in Computer Science or related 4+-year technical degree.
Experience (Type & Length): 10+ years of experience in internet/cloud/mobile application development and engineering process and 5+ years of management experience.
Software/Hardware: Please see required skills and knowledge.