Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 3/14/2023
Under direction of the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is a lead contributor to the month end close process for three large divisions. This person will be responsible for the Company’s purchase accounting work collaborating with real estate, legal, M&A integration teams, finance, operations, and human resources. In addition, policy writing, ASC 842 lease management, software integrations, and specific process improvement initiatives will be areas of opportunity to grow and contribute to SMG. Cross-functionalizing with various teams will be integral in the day-to-day responsibilities for carrying out these responsibilities.
- Lead and mentor other finance associates during the SMG monthly close process within specified deadlines, which includes journal entries, expense level processing, and account level and financial statement analysis. Focus areas include:
- Lease accounting
- Purchasing accounting
- Expense compliance monitoring
- Sourcing variance analysis for explanation
- Financial reporting
- Key contributor to process improvement initiatives to enhance existing financial analysis, close, and reporting tools
- Assist Accounting Manager and VP of Finance in maintaining and developing SMG Accounting policies
- Assist in process improvement initiatives to enhance existing financial analysis, close, and reporting tools.
- Assist FP&A for any changes in US GAAP that must be considered for budget purpose
- Contribute to Accounting related special projects.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the preparation of interim and year-end audit work papers
- Maintain sensitivity in communicating effectively and respectfully with all members of SMG, the Hospitals, and Corp
- Maintains the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in a financial/accounting environment.
- Prior experience in healthcare is helpful, but not required.
- Public accounting or consulting experience strongly preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123385