- Lead the monthly close process within specified deadlines, which includes journal entries, expense level processing, and account level and financial statement analysis. Focus areas include:
- Steward Medical Affiliated practice
- Other Receivables
- Prepare monthly flux analytics and drive timely issue resolution.
- Assist Technical Accounting Manager in maintaining and developing SMG Accounting policies.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives to enhance existing financial analysis, close, and reporting tools.
- Assist in serving as the accounting liaison for all new and existing projects, inclusive of our upcoming ERP integration.
- Contribute to Accounting related special projects.
- Build and enhance personal and functional relationships within Finance and Operations ensuring Accounting continues to elevate its internal and external service provider reputation.
- Maintain sensitivity in communicating effectively and respectfully with all members of SMG, the Hospitals, and Corp
- Maintains the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in a financial/accounting environment.
- Prior experience in health care is helpful but certainly not required.
- Public accounting or consulting experience strongly preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, especially word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.