Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 5/4/2021
Under direction of the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is the lead contributor to the month end close process, various financial reporting needs, balance sheet reconciliations, expense level processing, and accounting related projects.
- Lead the Payroll Accounting team’s monthly close process within specified deadlines, which includes journal entries, expense level processing, and account level and financial statement analysis.
- Act as lead in the analysis of monthly payroll, payroll accrual, and bonus related accruals.
- Prepare monthly revenue entries for various billing systems based on reports received from Revenue Analysts. Analyze the data for accurateness through the Patient AR Rollforward.
- Prepare and analyze monthly supply & other expense accrual entries.
- Monitors, reconciles, and approves provider CME requests for timely approval and processing. Communicates and resolves any issues concerning CME payments.
- Prepare and maintain monthly balance sheet reconciliations for various payroll and non-payroll liability accounts. Identifies and resolves reconciling items and brings outstanding issues to the attention of the Manager.
- Contribute to Accounting related special projects.
- Maintain the Meditech chart of accounts including creating cost centers and opening accounts as needed.
- Assist in budget preparation for severance expense.
- Assist in the facilitation of year-end audit work papers.
- Build and enhance personal and functional relationships within Finance and cross-functionally ensuring Accounting continues to elevate its internal service provider reputation within SMG.
- Provide for maintenance of confidentiality of patient records and communications, where applicable.
- Exhibit the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company within the dept and cross-functionally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in a financial/accounting environment.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, especially word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Prior experience in health care is helpful but certainly not required.