Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 11/20/2020
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains communication with the ordering physicians and their secretaries to schedule patients for a variety of imaging procedures.
- Knowledge regarding the appropriate exam preparation, appointment arrival time and contraindications. Able to communicate these instructions to both the scheduling secretaries or the patients that may call directly.
- Answers the phone and greets patients and staff members politely and efficiently.
- Answers and directs phone calls courteously. Able to handle multiple phone calls efficiently.
- Schedules urgent add-ons for all modalities as necessary when the Imaging Secretary is not available. Communicates all add on exams to the appropriate personnel including technical staff, Radiologists and film library.
- Knowledge regarding the Radiology Information Management System (RIMS) to assist in accessing patient reports when called upon to do so by the Imaging Manager.
- Capable of typing memos and professional letters when instructed to do so by the Imaging Manager.
- General knowledge regarding the film library filing system. Able to perform basic film library duties, with assistance, when called upon in an emergency.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of college or secretarial school, medical terminology, and computer skills preferred.