The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect patient care, supervises non-licensed personnel as assigned in the practice setting, communicates with physicians and co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology, and able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- Ability to formulate and revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan for effectiveness, involving patient and patient’s family when appropriate
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Demonstrates the use of critical thinking skills and problems solving abilities in coordinating and supervising patient care.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful/emergency situations.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs. * Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians and co-workers.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and treats patients/families with respect and dignitiy; ensures patient confidentiality.
- Contributes to the team concept and maintains a positive working relationship, both within the department and with other departments, assisting when a need is observed or requested, and offers constructive suggestions for improvement instead of complaints.
- Documentation reflects current nursing standards and supports policies and procedures.
- Is able to manage and operate equipment safely and correctly.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of infection control policies and procedures supporting standards of care.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Florida Registered Nurse Licensure or Compact State Licensure.
- BCLS certificate required. ACLS as applicable.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 52500