Location: Steward Medical Group - Central
Posted Date: 4/9/2021
The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect patient care, supervises non-licensed personnel as assigned in the practice setting, communicates with physicians and co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology, and able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- Ability to formulate and revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan for effectiveness, involving patient and patient’s family when appropriate.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Demonstrates the use of critical thinking skills and problems solving abilities in coordinating and supervising patient care.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful/emergency situations.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs. * Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians and co-workers.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and treats patients/families with respect and dignitiy; ensures patient confidentiality.
- Contributes to the team concept and maintains a positive working relationship, both within the department and with other departments, assisting when a need is observed or requested, and offers constructive suggestions for improvement instead of complaints.
- Documentation reflects current nursing standards and supports policies and procedures.
- Is able to manage and operate equipment safely and correctly.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of infection control policies and procedures supporting standards of care.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Florida Registered Nurse Licensure or Compact State Licensure.
- BCLS certificate required. ACLS as applicable.