Revenue Recognition and Data Analyst
Under the direction of the Senior Manager and Manager of Revenue and Reimbursement, the Business Analyst is responsible for extracting and analyzing revenue data for daily and monthly reporting and variance review. Key to success in this role is an understanding of Healthcare Finance and Revenue Cycle, in order to identify root cause of variance in revenue performance to budget. The optimal candidate for this role is a detail-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is a critical thinker, and is deadline driven.
- Provide Operations and Finance leadership with visibility into key revenue indicators (ie charge and wRVU) on a daily basis.
- Support reporting needs of Revenue Cycle Operations by producing daily, weekly, monthly reporting deliverables.
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting needs as required to address business needs and opportunities.
- Model and forecast revenue trends as new input is received (ie, fee schedule updates or payor contract changes).
- Partner with practice directors, senior leadership, and Finance to analyze budget to actual variances on a monthly basis.
- Compile monthly reporting packages and support Manager in presenting variances to senior leadership.
- Assist Manager in developing feedback to Revenue Cycle Operational areas regarding opportunities to improve reimbursement trends.
- Actively work with the Payor Intelligence and Managed Care to ensure compliance with established fee schedules and contractual provisions.
- Monitor and trend bad debt and contractual experience, analyze root cause for variances.
- Manage data input from multiple platforms; synchronize and normalize data to ensure consistency in analysis.
- Support FP&A department in the monthly reporting process in relation to Revenue & Reimbursement.
- Utilize SQL and data warehousing tools (i.e., Tableau, Qlik, etc.) to analyze and present data more efficiently.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communicate consistently, professionally and clearly.
- Respond timely to emails and phone messages within a 24 hour period.
- Use tact, sensitivity and professionalism in communicating effectively and respectfully with the leadership team, physicians, co-workers and others.
- Maintain confidentiality of restricted records and communications.
- Maintain the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Information Systems, or Business Management.
- 2 or more years work experience, healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Experience synchronizing and analyzing multiple data sources; ability to synthesize data to answer key business questions.
- Strong analytical, trouble-shooting and communication skills.
- Experience in working with and analyzing healthcare revenue.
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced user experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, and Powerpoint.
- Experience with Axiom and Athena strongly preferred. Cerner and Meditech experience a plus.
- Experience with data warehouse tools a plus (especially Tableau).
- Limited exposure to physical effort or physical risk is required. Work is normally performed in typical interior/office work environment.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 56143