Revenue Performance Manager
The Revenue Performance Manager is responsible for functioning as the liaison between Revenue Cycle Operations and SMG Practices. Working closely with SMG Directors and Practice Managers in their assigned region(s), the RPM will help identify opportunities to optimize revenue cycle/billing activities and identify areas for revenue growth. This position will provide strategic guidance to optimize reimbursement by:
- Developing relationships with practice leaders and an understanding of their practices in order to best assess opportunities for improvement.
- In partnership with the Business Analytics team, monitoring KPIs to uncover trends, both positive and negative, in effort to provide feedback and guidance to the Director and to practices.
- In conjunction with Financial Analysts, participate in or lead month end close reviews to represent trends and opportunities in revenue and AR.
- Building and maintaining a business plan for their market, including goals and initiatives for optimization and growth.
- Demonstrating improvement and growth of market through measurable results.
- Helping practice leaders troubleshoot and resolve day to day revenue cycle issues and questions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of assigned market, including org charts, service lines, practice performance, challenges, and opportunities.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct monthly meetings with Practice Director(s), utilizing metrics and data to support findings and prioritize initiatives.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct quarterly close meetings with practice leaders, utilizing practice performance and revenue cycle KPIs to guide discussion and establish priorities.
- Work with SMG practices to ensure all billable events are reconciled and submitted in timely manner.
- Establish and maintain feedback loop between Revenue Cycle and practices regarding claim productivity and throughput.
- Identify and monitor trends in revenue processes requiring intervention with practices (ie, denial trends). Work with practices to determine corrective course of action.
- Serve as the liaison and advocate between Practice Operations and Revenue Cycle to monitor revenue team responses to practice issues / concerns and ensure appropriate follow-through. Act as escalation resource when needed.
- Partner with SMG Training & Development Manager to assess the training needs of staff in the practices and ensure successful training.
- As needed, represent the Revenue Cycle department on work groups and/or task forces.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- At least 2+ years of experience in physician practice revenue cycle operations and/or practice operations.
- Track record of leading growth and optimization projects to successful completion.
- Ability to manage and lead through influence and relationship building.
- Excellent communication and team building skills.
- Experience using analytics, reporting, KPIs and metrics to drive decisions and outcomes.
- Self-motivated, and organization, thrives in fast paced environment.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.