Revenue Performance Analyst
The Revenue Performance Analyst (RPA) is responsible for analyzing, trending, and supporting revenue activities and performance in their assigned Steward Medical Group market(s). The RPA is also responsible for providing training to practices based upon claims analysis.
- Functions as a content expert for practice pre-bill and denial holds, and complex claim issues in athena. Demonstrates mastery knowledge of working claims and holds in athenaCollector.
- Utilizing daily hold reports and other analytics tools, identifies areas of opportunity to reduce outstanding AR, surface workflow challenges, and provide education to practices.
- Analyzes claim issue workflow and provides training based on identified trends and denials.
- Functions as a training resource to practice management and staff.
- Assists with process assessments of revenue cycle operations in practice areas in an effort to identify process improvement opportunities. Functions as the point of contact for revenue cycle process assessments as assigned.
- Collaborates with appropriate resources to provide guidance and timely responses to practice inquiries about pre-billing holds and denials.
- Assist with working practice holds for identified practices as needed.
- Support Practices and Revenue Performance Managers by:
- Helping to manage projects and initiatives at the market and division level.
- Overseeing follow up of open items from day to day business activity.
- Identifying process gaps and recommending improvement initiatives.
- Works collaboratively across Revenue Cycle, Operations, and IT toward meeting the institutional goal of increasing revenue and decreasing outstanding AR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in revenue cycle required, preferably Physician billing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- athena experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Travel may be required.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 67235