Revenue Cycle Coordinator
The Revenue Cycle Coordinator will work with departments throughout the Healthcare System to support patient financial services, promote a positive atmosphere and meet goals.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
The Revenue Cycle Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining properly functioning revenue cycle processes through a cooperative, cross-departmental network. He/she will concentrate resources on improving interdepartmental processes to improve patient throughput, reduce denials and enhance patient accounting operations in order to maintain a stable and predictable cash flow. Critical responsibilities include achievement of annual and periodic goals of revenue cycle performance and the hospital’s overall financial performance, via:
- Participates in revenue cycle/billing, denial management/follow-up, Patient Access Services, HIM, lab and other hospital-based work teams.
- Works with management, clinical and other hospital departments, and the patient accounting staff to improve processes, increase accuracy, create efficiencies, resolve related issues, and achieve the overall goals of the department.
- Maintains current policies and procedures for all departmental functions.
- Performs when requested training in Revenue Cycle Systems for new users and monitors departmental clean-up of worklists.
- Monitors high dollar and aging accounts (unbilled, denials, follow-up) in systems for escalation with departments.
- Assist departments with resolving batch rejections daily.
- Reviews and ensures departments are reconciling charges daily.
- In partnership with other departments, follow-up on claim status and appeals including interaction with the payers.
- Attends weekly CBO meeting to review revenue cycle activities and address open-items with departments (billing, AR/follow-up, cash posting, CDM and vendor management).
- Attends weekly Patient Access Management meetings to provide feedback and address open items with local management regarding Revenue Cycle related activities being completed within the facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare collection and billing practices and computer systems
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Strong interpersonal/public relations skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers in a diverse environment
- Analytical skills necessary to examine patient accounts; detect and resolve problems relating to accounts receivable and prepare and administer policies, procedures and budgets.
- Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9-CM coding
- Ability to establish priorities effectively
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting.
- Experience: Preferred - Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Software/Hardware: Working knowledge of Microsoft PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23356