Revenue Cycle Coordinator - 8:00am-4:30pm
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
Major Responsibilities & Duties: The Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining properly functioning revenue cycle processes through a cooperative, cross-departmental network. He/she will concentrate resources on improving interdepartmental processes to improve patient throughput, reduce denials and enhance patient accounting operations in order to maintain a stable and predictable cash flow. Critical responsibilities include achievement of annual and periodic goals of revenue cycle performance and the hospital's overall financial performance, via:
· Participates in revenue cycle/billing, denial management/follow-up, Patient Access Services, HIM, lab and other hospital-based work teams.
· Works with management, clinical and other hospital departments, and the patient accounting staff to improve processes, increase accuracy, create efficiencies, resolve related issues, and achieve the overall goals of the department.
· Maintains current policies and procedures for all departmental functions.
· Performs XClaim and Revenue Recover training in Revenue Cycle Systems for new users and monitors departmental clean-up of worklists.
· Monitors high dollar and aging accounts (unbilled, denials, follow-up) in systems for escalation with departments (DNFB, XClaim, Revenue Recover, RTS).
· Assist departments with resolving batch rejections daily.
· Reviews and ensures departments are reconciling charges on a daily basis.
· In partnership with CBO, follow-up on claim status and appeals including interaction with the payors.
· Attends weekly CBO meeting to review revenue cycle activities and address open-items with departments (billing, AR/follow-up, cash posting, CDM and vendor management).
· Attends weekly Patient Access Management meetings to provide feedback and address open items with local management regarding Revenue Cycle related activities being completed within the facilities.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
· Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
· Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
· Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
· Is part of a team effort to ensure quality services.
· Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
· Produces quality results.
· Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
· Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
· Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
· Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
· Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
· Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
· Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
· Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
· Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
· Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies and third-party payers.
· Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
· Responds to requests in a timely manner.
· Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
· Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
· Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer's satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
· In-depth knowledge of healthcare collection and billing practices and computer systems
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
· Strong interpersonal/public relations skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers in a diverse environment
· Analytical skills necessary to examine patient accounts; detect and resolve problems relating to accounts receivable and prepare and administer policies, procedures and budgets.
· Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9-CM coding
· Ability to establish priorities effectively
I. Education: Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting.
II. Experience (Type & Length): Preferred: Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
IV. Software/Hardware: Working knowledge of Microsoft PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access). Experience with MEDITECH.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100022741