Revenue Cycle Associate - Vendor Mgmt
This position is responsible for providing subject-matter expertise in billing questions and concerns regarding self-pay collections and vendor management related to hospital billing. This position reports to the team lead and manager of vendor management.
- Responsible for meeting goals and objectives in assigned areas to include billing, collections, payment validation, correspondence, customer service related activities and other operational support activities;
- Ensures all claims are billed and collected meet all government mandated procedures for Integrity and Compliance;
- Performs billing, collections, and reimbursement services in a prompt, efficient, thorough, courteous, and professional manner; and
- Strong emphasis on providing customer service assistance to business partners working directly with our patients and direct interaction with patients as needed for resolution.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Requires a healthy understanding of hospital billing and the ability to read and understand an explanation of benefits from an insurance provider;
- Ability to communicate articulately and in a friendly manner with business partners and patients;
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in at least 2-3 of the following areas: Medicare, Medicaid and/or commercial insurance billing, collections, payment and reimbursement verifications, customer service, correspondence and refunds, general hospital account receivables, or revenue cycle operations.
Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience (Type & Length): 2 years’ experience.
- Software/Hardware: Meditech preferred. MS Office suite required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 14766