Revenue Cycle Associate - Correspondence
This position is responsible for handling all correspondence for the Central Billing Office. The Revenue Cycle Associate reports to the central business office supervisor or manager.
- Prepare paper documentation to be mailed or faxed to payors
- Thoroughly document accounts for tracking purposes
- Save and store documentation is designated area for future reference
- Secures outgoing mail with appropriate postage and labeling
- Prescreens, sorts and identifies mail designated for specific departmental mailboxes
- Opens incoming mail from USPS and Steward couriers
- Distributes mail to appropriate directors, managers and leads
- Labels mail with account number, enters information into multiple systems and distributes hard copy to appropriate biller
- Staples and distributes faxes received daily
- Processes requests from insurance companies for W9 forms
- Notes and scans refunds into multiple systems, and distributes hard copy to department
- Receives file of denials and correspondence from Cash Posting, labels with account numbers, enters information into multiple systems; distributes hard copy to appropriate biller
- Scans remits to shared drive; Posts any denials from remits to denial tracking system
- Screens insurance payments and denials before posting; Refers discrepancies to cash posting for review/correction
- Complies daily with departmental policies and procedures
- Provides thorough, courteous, and professional assistance to coworkers and patients
- Collaborates with CBO personnel in the resolution of posting denials and correspondence
- Details all actions taken on account with clear and concise notes
- Monitors and recognizes mail or posting issues and escalates to supervisor as needed
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and third-party insurance operating procedures and practices a plus.
- Experience with patient accounting systems and billing/claim submission software; Meditech experience a plus.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and/or business office procedures.
- Ability to utilize basic Microsoft Office programs.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers and insurance companies both within and outside of Steward.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience with correspondence, collections, or medical billing.
Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office suite; Meditech experience a plus.