Revenue Cycle Associate - Correspondence
This position is responsible for handling all correspondence for the Central Billing Office. The Revenue Cycle Associate reports to the central business office supervisor or manager.
• Secures outgoing mail with appropriate postage and labeling
• Prescreens, sorts and identifies mail designated for specific departmental mailboxes
• Opens incoming mail from USPS and Steward couriers
• Distributes mail to appropriate directors, managers and leads
• Labels mail with account number, enters information into multiple systems and distributes hard copy to appropriate biller
• Staples and distributes faxes received daily
• Processes requests from insurance companies for W9 forms
• Notes and scans refunds into multiple systems, and distributes hard copy to department
• Receives file of denials and correspondence from Cash Posting, labels with account numbers, enters information into multiple systems; distributes hard copy to appropriate biller
• Scans remits to shared drive; Posts any denials from remits to denial tracking system
• Screens insurance payments and denials before posting; Refers discrepancies to cash posting for review/correction
• Complies daily with departmental policies and procedures
• Provides thorough, courteous, and professional assistance to coworkers and patients
• Collaborates with CBO personnel in the resolution of posting denials and correspondence
• Details all actions taken on account with clear and concise notes
• Monitors and recognizes mail or posting issues and escalates to supervisor as needed
• Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology and third-party insurance operating procedures and practices a plus.
• Experience with patient accounting systems and billing/claim submission software; Meditech experience a plus.
• Knowledge of revenue cycle and/or business office procedures.
• Ability to utilize basic Microsoft Office programs.
• Highly detail oriented and organized.
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers and insurance companies both within and outside of Steward.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience with correspondence, collections, or medical billing.
Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office suite; Meditech experience a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 14101