Revenue Cycle Associate - Cash Operation
This position is responsible for the posting of payments related to the assigned facility within established timelines. The RCA, Cash Ops reports to the central business office supervisor or manager.
• Prepares EFT download from bank in an accurate, timely and compliant manner.
• Posts EFTs - manual and electronic batches.
• Reconcile EFT deposits daily.
• Pull lockbox deposits from Cashpro and post.
• Print lockbox correspondence daily for distribution to Rev Cycle teams.
• Reconcile Lockbox Deposits on a daily basis.
• Post remote deposits on a weekly basis.
• Alert Leads/Manager of missing files.
• Log deposits that are missing files for the EDI team to research.
• Report non patient cash to accounting on a daily basis.
• Review open batches in Meditech on a weekly basis for possible missing payments and timely denial posting.
• Run unapplied report on a weekly basis to correct unapplied payments.
• Post manual denials received in lockbox correspondence daily/weekly.
• Resolve requests from other departments within Steward in a prompt and professional manner.
• Provide back-up coverage for absent team members to meet daily timelines as needed.
• Focus daily on complying with policies, processes and department guidelines for posting cash.
• Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of basic medical coding/terminology and third-party insurance operating procedures and practices a plus.
• Knowledge of revenue cycle and/or business office procedures.
• Highly detail oriented and well organized.
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with other departments, patients, vendors and insurance companies both within and outside of Steward.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience (Type & Length): 2-3 years' experience with medical billing/collection; cash posting experience preferred. Experience within a healthcare consulting firm or large company preferred. Five plus years of relevant work experience.
Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office suite; Experience with patient accounting systems and billing/claim submission software; Meditech experience a plus.