Revenue Cycle Associate - Cash Operation
As a Revenue Cycle Associate you will ensure that cash batches are processed in a timely and accurate manner. A succesful Revenue Cycle Associate shows an attention to detail, dedication to accurate execution and positive contributions to the Business Office team.
• Ensure that all cash batches are posted, balanced and approved by the end of business day.
• Import data into the Company database software.
• Research and correct exceptions.
• Access web portals for remittance advices and for reasearch.
• Review batches and money received for accuracy prior to approval and notes any errors.
• Post credit card payments and reconcile settlements.
• Post payments from hospital accounting and communicate with them as questions arise.
• Contact insruance companies to obtain remittance advices and to resolve account issues.
• Research missing payments and receipts with missing backup.
• Assist facility accountants in month end closings and in resolving posting issues.
• Prepare and organize boxes with backup receipts from facilities storage.
• Quality check scanned batches.
• Demonstrate the ability to escalate problem accounts to management as required by circumstances
• Complete assigned training and education.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills and strong customer-service skills, including courteous telephone etiquette.
• Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters.
• Demonstrate initiative in researching and resolving cash balancing issues.
• Ability to work in a team enviornment.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, insruance billing and reimbursement, and coding. (Preferred)
•30 WPM keyboarding skill with 95% accuracy. (Preferred)
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced enviornment and learn and retian new or evolving information and procedures.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience (Type & Length): One-year customer service call center experience or one-year customer service experience in the medical field, insurance, banking hospital medica office or other business office setting. (Preferred)