Resource Manager, TX
Conducts reviews of staffing and budgeting processes for Operations and Patient Care Services across the Texas Steward Health Care hospitals. Recommends and coordinates implementation of changes designed to ensure optimum utilization of resources. Monitors and tracks performance parameters to determine relativity to budget plans.
This position can be located at either our Houston or Port Arthur facility.
- Provides financial expertise and historical trend analysis and statistics to Hospital SLT and Leadership, including Finance, Operations and Patient Care Services.
- In collaboration with the Operations team provides support in the planning, development, and implementation of the Division’s annual operating budgets.
- Develops and provides education and training on financial management (benchmarking standards) and systems for Operations, Patient Care Services and Clinical Leaders to ensure fiscal compliance. Creates and assesses position controls by department.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly variance analysis to evaluate adherence to departmental budgets: provides analysis and development of systems, implementing and/or monitoring corrective action plans, and meeting established financial goals.
- Tracks various budget components volume, overtime, and non-productive usage, on a weekly and monthly basis to establish patterns and allocate resources more appropriately.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of strategies to control departmental costs.
- Monitors Agency usage, vacancies and LOA’s with respect to historical trends.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years’ inpatient hospital experience required
- Staffing, Payroll and budget experience strongly preferred
- Computer expertise, accounting principles; spreadsheet, word-processing, and graphics software; excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Solid experience with Excel, Word, Power Point
- Familiarity with healthcare and timekeeping software, especially Kronos, Ultipro, Ansos, One Staff, Quadramed
- Travel in Texas required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7531